At Terence Anderson we provide professional building surveying advice in respect of all dilapidation matters.
Lease expiry dilapidations costs are a significant factor to consider at the start of any commercial property lease. This should start with the basic provision of a limiting repairing obligation or the provision of a schedule of condition.
Unfortunately many occupier organisations do not mitigate financial risks with respect to dilapidations at the start of a lease.
At Terence Anderson we help occupiers manage dilapidations liability by providing the following services:
- Strategic dilapidations advisory and s.18 (1) Valuation advisory;
- Break clause advisory;
- Pre leasing assessments of buildings;
- Pre lease schedule of condition;
- Negotiation of the repairing liability prior to lease commencement;
- Assessment of dilapidations liability accrued for budgeting and accounting regulations;
- Management and response to Interim Dilapidation claims served by landlords – General defence strategy;
- Dilapidations exit strategy – General defence strategy and approach towards lease expiry;
- Specification and project management of dilapidations works;
- Negotiation of dilapidations and final settlement.