Terence Anderson is a firm of Chartered Building Surveyors and Construction Management Consultants. We are based in Manchester, although we undertake building survey reports throughout the United Kingdom.
We are a team of professional building survey specialists that undertakes detailed building surveys of houses and flats. Our commercial building surveyors also inspect and undertake building surveys of schools, healthcare, commercial office and industrial buildings.
We provide supporting expert witness reports to assist solicitors in relation to Schedules of Dilapidations, Schedules of Condition and S.11 social housing expert witness defect analysis.
We also provide supporting expert witness and reporting in relation to disaster management and building insurance claims.
We are completely customer focused and we always maintain close liaison with our clients on all of their projects and our client base has been developed by repeat business together with referrals from previously satisfied clients.
We provide professional and cost effective advisory services in all aspects of building surveying and construction management.
If you are either buying a house or flat, commercial building or industrial building then its common sense to a have a building survey inspection undertaken by a chartered building surveyor. You should also have a building survey done if you are taking a lease on a building on a “Full Repairs” FRI lease basis too. For more information contact us.
The typical defects we find in properties we do building surveys in the UK are as follows:
HOUSE AND FLAT SURVEYS
- Nail fatigue and fixing failures to pitched roofs, resulting in expensive re roofing;
- Structural failure of roof timbers, resulting in costly structural repairs;
- Cavity wall insulation failure, resulting in expensive and disruptive repairs;
- Penetrating dampness and flooding in basement walls, resulting in costly tanking works;
- Delaminating brickwork and concrete and other structural failures;
- Penetrating dampness in walls, resulting in costly remedial works.
- Geotechnical issues with houses being built on poor ground conditions resulting in foundation failure and expensive underpinning required.
- Plasticizer migration and failure of single ply roofing membranes, resulting in costly re roofing works;
- Leaks to concealed storm water roof drainage resulting in expensive repairs to internal building fabric;
- Defective “fire stopping” and “fire cavity barriers” within voids impacting occupational health and safety;
- Failure of gaskets to curtain walling;
- Nickel sulphide inclusions in toughened glass;
- Site environmental contamination;
- Structural failure of steel and concrete beams.
- “Cut edged” corrosion to metal profiled roof sheets;
- Failed, discoloured warehouse roof lights;
- Failed siphonic rainwater roof drainage;
- Failed or missing “man safe” roof access systems;
- Missing expansion joints to masonry panels;
- In adequate fire safety glazing between compartment walls;
- Defects to structural floors;
- Inadequate building services capabilities;
- Environmental contamination.
SCHEDULE OF CONDITION
You need a schedule of condition at the start of any lease or before a building project starts. You need one because a schedule of condition records the factual condition of a property before any legal agreement is entered into. In other words it brings certainty to a transaction. For more information contact us.
SCHEDULE OF DILAPIDATIONS
We provide objective advice in relation to lease advisory dilapidations matters for landlords. We also provide a complete turnkey approach to help tenants meet and satisfy repairing obligations on retail, commercial and industrial property matters. For more information contact us.
CONSTRUCTION AND PROJECT MANAGERS
We provide complete turnkey project solutions as we act as Construction Manager and Project Manager on a variety of projects.
Our experience as accomplished project managers enables us to bring the desired professionalism and accountability customers require to projects to effectively mitigate risk and ensure successful project delivery. For more information contact us.
ADVISORS UNDER THE PARTY WALL ACT 1996
We provide advisory services to householders undertaking extensions and alterations to residential properties and to developers and property managers undertaking works on retail and commercial schemes. For more information contact us.
BUILDING DEFECT EXPERT WITNESS REPORT
We are qualified chartered building surveyors that can provided independent factual and impartial professional reports in relation to the following matters that may arise into a legal dispute:
- Social landlord S.11 Landlord & Tenant Act defect reports;
- Party Wall etc Act 1996;
- Lease expiry dilapidations.
For more information contact us.
WHAT OUR CLIENTS SAY
We appointed the Terence Anderson team predominantly in the negotiation of lease disputes and re-call that many of the appointments involved dealing with difficult parties and circumstances. On all occasions, the team at Terence Anderson represented ourselves exceptionally well as Owner and successfully negotiated commercial outcomes whilst maintaining a high standard of professional ethics. We have always found Terence Anderson to act with a high degree of integrity and a professional and diligent manner. We would be happy to recommend Terence Anderson as a consultant to organisations seeking commercial property related advice.
We have engaged the team at Terence Anderson on a number of occasions. They assisted our organisation with the property strategy for our residential college estates and the disposal of assets in East Anglia.It is important to our organisation that consultants we employ demonstrate a “value added” approach which enables us to ensure best use of the charity’s assets. The team at Terence Anderson achieved this in each of the assignments they undertook on our behalf. On each occasion we have appointed Terence Anderson they have acted with high levels of integrity, enthusiasm and in a thoroughly professional manner. The team at Terence Anderson would be an asset to any organisation seeking to maximise value through property related activity.
GET A QUOTE
To submit a request for a survey quote, please complete this form with as much information as possible.
2 Cawdor Street
Telephone: 0161 727 9457